Anyone ever stat out Dhojakt?

Any edition. Just curious before I build him for 2E. Human/cilops, ability to cast defiler spells, high intelligence, templar and or psionics, probably low charisma due to mutated form…

2 Likes

I did a 3.5e version of him. Tauric (template) human/cilops Defiler/ Psi-Warrior.

3 Likes

There was a snippet in one of the books (4E though) that mentions his studying the arcane arts. I’m thinking Templar/Defiler + the innate psionics of a Cilops. I honestly can’t remember anything he used when he squared off against Sadira - I don’t currently own the novels or they’re packed away in storage.

My biggest issue is what level to set him at.

1 Like

Looking at The Amber Enchantress, he seems to have: Magic Resistance and Arcane Spellcasting.

I’d go high, like level 15-ish.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add some MR to him then. Maybe to counter his lack of Cilops natural attacks/use of antennae for paralyzation.

1 Like

He could take some serious punishment from the Amber Enchantress book so definitely high HP. I use pathfinder so I’d give him 9HD of monster (vermin) 6HD fighter class and 12HD Defiler for total of 27HD. He’d have both Spell Resistance and Psionic Resistance and infallible tracking abilities granted from his Cilops mutation. Given that for my system his father is 20HD Defiler 20HD Psionicist then 4 lvls of dragon which gives him a bunch of dragon HD so a 44th level character that works for me. There’s a reason he was a unique agent and didn’t have bodyguards while moving about the city.

3 Likes

I’m going with a templar/defiler build, giving him multiclassing and setting him at 11/12 in level. Figured with his huge size that I can double his HP like a half giants. Made sure he had a high enough Con for regeneration and a high enough strength to make him a threat in melee.

This makes him the only known male templar to the Shadow King which is fun.

Debating on what items he’d be using, Hell, his Dad is a SK. He’s bound to have something unique or interesting on hand.

3 Likes

For the items I’d say go nuts. In the book he’s not shown using any items but with his father’s resources its conceivable he can get his hands on any standard item within 1d3 hours while in the city…

1 Like

I think I’m going to go heavy on the insect theme as far as spell choices are concerned. Probably going to roll with some additional backup with a few templars riding the backs of cilops pursuing them. I have a pic I found that has him carrying a bad ass staff, might make it a modified staff of swarming insects.

1 Like

In Ashes of Athas for 4e we did stat out Dhojakt and set him up as a level 15 skirmisher for actual game play although I think he should be as a lvl 18 if looked back at my notes. In case anyone still has the Ashes of Athas will find him in chapter 6.1 Balancing Shadows. Basically we followed the Cilops Stalker in the DS Creature Catalog and increased the stats and added Eldritch Blast, Fiery Bolt, poison to the pincers, steady foot trait, and a resist 10 to both arcane and weapon. A couple of other minor tweaks, but that is mainly where we were at.

2 Likes

Well this is gonna be great for our party.

1 Like

Yes I did. DS3, page 286.

2 Likes

Innocent whistling

1 Like

That’s a very similar build in 3.5 to what I managed in 2E power/balance-wise. I like the physical description you wrote, my players saw him from more of a distance. I’ll probably expound on it a tad more.

2 Likes