Dwarves of Athas Assistance

(Brent Welborn) #1

I’m looking for assistance with a project I am working on. I would like to put together “Dwarves of Athas,” because Dwarves get shafted when it comes to official information.
I am looking for someone to bounce ideas off of and edit each others writings. Any volunteers?

Also, is there a Dwarves of Athas book out there that I don’t know about?

I’ve seen more than one compilation that lists all of the Dark Sun material that’s been put out officially and there’s no sign of a Dwarf book (these lists include magazine articles and the like as well). So you should be good there.

I’d be happy to bounce ideas on posts or PMs, but I can’t promise any serious editing work. However if you do need an extra set of eyes to look things over and help with wording I might be able to help.

I worked on a Dwarves of Athas project a decade or so ago but I haven’t been able to find a copy of it. I have a few more HDs I can look at to see if I missed it but I’m pretty sure I checked them once already. It was based off the Races of Stone entries. If you need a set of eyes or anything feel free to PM me.

I’d be happy to be a sounding board, and do editing too.

(Brent Welborn) #5

This is a fantastic community. You are great people.

What I’ll probably do is set up a google doc that we can all leave comments on.

SeruZmaj: I am very interested in anything you may find.

I am a good and meticulous editor, and I’d love to help. However, I want to make clear that I’m making no particular time commitment; my amount of free time waxes and wanes unpredictably.

(Brent Welborn) #7

That is understandable. I believe most of us are in the same boat.

(Brent Welborn) #8

Here’s a link to the first part. It’s a little shorter than I’d like, but I’m not much of a writer. It’s the Dwarf creation myth.

Here’s what I have. I was part of a larger Races of Athas project but it looks like much of that was lost.

Races of Athas: Dwarves

(Brent Welborn) #10

This is great stuff. I will incorporate some of it, if you don’t mind.

Not at all, hopefully it will finally get completed.