Master list of all psionic powers in the game

It belatedly occurs to me that since Athas is an official site, would it be legally permissible to host a master list of every 3.x psionic power WotC has ever produced here?

I am the creator and maintainer of just such a list of powers, as it happens. All 880 or so of them. (916 if you count the duplicates with significant differences.)

Do note that since 3.5 D&D is part of the d20 system, my list also includes all d20, as well as non updated or significantly different 3.0 powers as well.

And if not, would adding an Athas specific commentary to each power make it so? I could also extract a specialized version of the list, depending on needs or legalities.

Your thoughts please.

In any case, I will duplicate my original post here on this site, for the general benefit of all. Merry Christmas (early)!!!

3 Likes

Edel.

The Gift of Fate.

The Invisible Art.

The Way of the Unseen.

These are just a few of the terms for the gift of psionics.

Internal mastery brings both internal and external power.

Mastering one’s self can lead to mastering one’s surroundings, and even one’s destiny.

This handbook puts the complete list of every single psionic power in the 3rd edition at your fingertips.

There is also included a complete list of powers by name and by source material included in this thread.

Please discuss any items pertaining to this handbook here.

Changelog:

• v1 - 24 Jul 2012 Initial release

• v2 - 28 Oct 2012 Corrected spelling and grammar errors in text, added unique 3.0 material.

• v3 - 05 May 2013 Finished unique 3.0 powers, added publication dates and edition columns, added Intro, Sources, and Legal sheets.

• v4 - 21 Jan 2014 Corrected typos.

• v5 - 06 May 2014 Updated sources, clarified language.

• v6 - 24 May 2014 Adding errata.

• v7 - 25 May 2014 Finished errata.

• v8 - 14 Jan 2017 Corrected spelling errors, discovered some typos and missing portions of at least one power (one of the Zone powers was missing its augments), now corrected.

• v9 - 29 Sep 2018 Began adding the d20 Modern based psionic powers, discovered more typos.

• v9 - 30 Sep 2018 Finished adding d20 Modern powers, fixed typos.

• v10 - 07 Jan 2020 Updated format to allow for improved searching. Added enumeration, missing mantle information, sub-disciplines, Display conversion, hard to find Transparency rules, hard to find additional Astral Construction Menu options and Astral Tasker configurations, a few more hard to find powers from really obscure sources, some missing 3.0 powers that are still relevant, and a number of random notes. Plus it is now colorful. (I like colors, but feel free to edit your own copy. ^^)

• v11 - 12 Jul 2020 Discovered an obscure d20 Modern source of psionic powers, adding. Also added a handy code at the very bottom of the name column which lists the current number of powers displayed, and it will auto-update whenever the list is filtered or a filter is removed.

• v11 - 07 Aug 2020 All known powers added, more typos found and fixed, usage categorizations added, notes added, Astral Tasker configurations added.

Legal Considerations:

• The Master Psionics List is intended for private personal gaming use for and by those who legally own the source books listed below.

• The Master Psionics List is to be shared only within gaming groups who legally own all the source books listed below.

• The following sources must be purchased to be legally owned, and obtaining a copy of The Master Psionics List requires that every one of these sources be currently owned by the requester:

• Complete Psionic

• Dragon 317

• Dragon Magic

• Expanded Psionics Handbook

• Epic Level Handbook

• Faiths of Eberron

• Frostburn

• Magic of Eberron

• Magic of Incarnum

• Player’s Guide to Eberron

• Psionics Handbook (3.0)

• Races of Destiny

• Races of the Dragon

• Races of Eberron

• Races of Stone

• Races of the Wild

• Sandstorm

• Secrets of Sarlona

• Stormwrack

• Weapons of Legacy

• d20 Darkâ—ŹMatter (required for version 11 of the list only)

The following sources are legally available without cost at the time of this posting:

• Athas.org: Dark Sun Campaign Setting pdf

• Athas.org: Athasian Emporium pdf

• Athas.org: Legends of Athas pdf

• Mind’s Eye 3.0: Expanding Your Mind Web Articles and Compilation pdf

• Mind’s Eye 3.5: Expanding Your Mind Web Articles

• Planewalker.com: Planescape 3.5 pdf (Chapter 5)

• WotC FAQ and Errata files

• Wotc 3.5 SRD

• Wotc d20 Modern SRD

• The Master Psionics List is not in any way intended as a violation of copyright nor of the rights of the owner(s), WotC / Hasbro.

• By obtaining, possessing, or sharing a copy of any version of The Master Psionics List, you personally agree to the listed restrictions and requirements and represent that you possess a legally owned copy of all the source materials mentioned and accept full legal responsibility for requesting the list as it is not possible for the maintainer to verify the accuracy of any and all claims, and bear the burden of proof and responsibility in any and all legal proceedings.

• By obtaining, possessing, or sharing a copy of any version of The Master Psionics List, you personally agree that the listed restrictions and requirements apply universally, even applying to copies of this list that have been edited or altered from Nijineko’s original files, or have had these legal statements removed.

• Lack of agreement must include deletion of all copies of any and all versions of The Master Psionics List, for which you accept full personal legal and lawful responsibility.

• When requesting a copy of the list, please include a written statement affirming that you meet the legal requirements of ownership of sources as specified in this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nijineko

Request a copy of the Master Psionic List <-- (Please specify v10 or v11 in your request, based on what sources you own.)

Comments, suggestions, additions, clarifications and so forth are welcome.

Thank you.

To preview a list of all powers and the sources they came from for version 10 or version 11 of the list, please check out the following links, as the table tag is apparently not supported here in the Arena:

1 Like

I’ve seen your list. I’m curious as to why you believe it contravenes WotC copyright.

Because my list publishes the full data on each power as it appears in each source; the SRD ones are not a problem, of course, but the rest are not covered by the OGL.

That’s partly why I’m thinking that it might be different if hosted here, due to the Site License.

1 Like

Maybe your list can be paired down a bit. People can access all of those documents anyway.

Not the books, at least not legally freely.
Not unless someone were to come up with Athas specifically different versions of all the powers. …
Hmmm, I might have to consider that actually.

2 Likes

@flip @raddu @Band2

Any problems hosting this list at this site, and if it needs to be a pared down version of the list instead of the full list, do let me know and I can extract the necessary data.

Alternatively, it should make a fine foundation for a “Powers of Athas” or “Psionics of Athas” sourcebook, which I would be happy to do the work for if the finished product can be listed and hosted here among the other finished PDFs?

1 Like

@flip @raddu @Band2

Following up on this question?