Primeval Thule (Sasquatch Games)

Another setting book created by a one-time Dark Sun designer, Primeval Thule is was funded via a kickstarter and published about a year ago. It self-describes as a sword-sorcery game in the spirit of Conan the Barbarian:

Inspired by the tales of Robert E. Howard (Conan), H.P. Lovecraft (Cthulhu), and Clark Ashton Smith, Primeval Thule is a dark and mysterious continent you can either integrate with your existing RPG campaign or use as the foundation for a new one. Only the bravest and most resourceful can survive and thrive in Thule. But beware! Thule is a dangerous place full of barbaric wilderness, decadent city-states, horrific monsters, and eldritch mysteries connecting it all.

The original kickstarter produced books for Pathfinder, 13th Age and Dungeons & Dragons 4e. A second kickstarter ran earlier in the year, and a Dungeons & Dragons 5e book is forthcoming. Each setting book is complete and self-contained.

Anyone read or run anything? What did you think?

1 Like

I’ve read it but never run it.
I love the Sword and Sorcery vibe and the setting captures a lot of things well. I particularly liked their take on dwarves.