Walis floor plan

Hello,

I would like to share the floor plans I made for the village of Walis.
It is designed as an old monastery atop a stone spire, like the meteoras monasteries in Greece.
I choose to leave it in good condition, as I assume that house Tomblador takes care of the buildings and repairs any damage.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Remember that this village is sitting atop of stone spire about 150 yards high, is defended by a company of 6 defilers, and is home of a gold mine run by the merchant house Tomblador (main headquarters in Balic).

Upper level

1. Elevator tower. The cross in the right upper corner at the upper level in this tower is a capstan to operate the bucket.
  2. Kitchen
  3. Refectory
  4. Common room
  5. Rooms, a “common”, b for more important villager. The blue dots in front of the rooms are stone columns supporting a roof.
  6. Temple of the ancient, now a study for the company of defilers defending Walis.
  7. Room for the defilers
  8. Room for the defilers
  9. Room for the defilers
  10. Open area

Lower level

1. Elevator tower, with a stair going deeper inside the stone spire to give access to the gold mine.
  2. Cellar
  3. Water cistern, dug in the rock under the room
  4. Cellar
  5. Common room
  6. Rooms, a “common”, b for more important villager. South of the rooms is a covered hallway with large openings to the valley below.
6 Likes

I’d make the kitchen bigger. That’s a lot of possibly occupied rooms. How/what are they cooking? Are they utilizing the common area at all? If it’s far from the ground floor to the top, there’s always going to be someone running water to and from downstairs to the upstairs for every meal of the day. If they’re butchering and the game tends to be Athasian “big” you might want to include a seperate area on the ground floor to do so.

1 Like

I like this map. Thanks for making it. I’ll hold onto it in case my players find themselves in Walis.

Updated floor plans to take the comments into account.
The kitchen is now bigger, there is a lift in the elevator building to ease the flow of ressources between the two levels of the complex and for the gold ore reclaimed from the mine. Part of the open courtyard is now a pen for animals.

Upper level

1. Elevator building, with protruding part operating the cargo bucket from which the village can be accessed (only access). There is a stair to the level below in the left lower corner. A lift to the lower level and to the gold mine is in the right upper corner.
  2. Kitchen
  3. Refectory
  4. Hallway with access to the lower level
  5. Storage : mainly weapons
  6. Old monk’s cells, used by the villagers and mercenaries. a “common”, b for more important villager/mercenary. The blue dots in front of the rooms are stone columns supporting a roof/covered hallway.
  7. Temple of the ancient, now a study for the company of defilers defending Walis.
    8-9-10. Defiler’s quarters
  8. Open area, with part of it (11b) used as an enclosure for some aprigs.

Lower level

1. Elevator building, with a stair to give access to the upper level, and a lift to the upper level and the gold mine.
  2. Gold ore storage. This room is used to store the gold reclaimed from the mine.
  3. Cellar, with a water cistern dug in the rock under the room in the right lower corner.
  4. Cellar
  5. a is an hallway, and b is a small storage (mainly for weapons).
  6. Rooms, a “common”, b for more important villager. South of the rooms is a covered hallway with large openings to the valley below.
3 Likes