Losing priceless digital documents

Yeah. For philisophical reasons, I basically refuse to engage with the blue site, but I know @Brax has been active on facebook over the years.

One of the reasons I havn’t quite prepped a “public” gdrive yet is that in part, the docs that we’ve got there are in pretty rough shape. Lost Cities has always been Peter’s baby, and if we’re going to host that, I’d prefer to get the most recent version from him. same follows for a few of the other products.

For some of them, I feel like I have to actually strip out a bunch of the layout, because 1) it doesn’t present well and 2) it gets in the way when you’re still doing heavy content editing.

This was going to be a holiday project, to get that set up, but … events have kinda hijacked my brain. (for those who don’t know, I live outside Washington DC, and things have been a bit “real” lately …)

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense.

1 Like

Speaking of docs in rough shape, whatever happened to Unseen Ways?

1 Like

Uhh. well, had to scroll pretty far for that one. Looks like I have a copy, thought I don’t know that it’s the newest. It also … takes a very long time to load. Again, this was a Brax project, so he might have a more recent thing.

I have very different throughts on “collections” , where it’s something like a huge list of powers, or spells or feats, or whatever. One of the things I’m looking to get done with the site, is just get all of these things into a database ; searchable and browsable.

I have a couple of housekeeping things that I’ve been working on though – there are several false starts and old technical decisions that I have to hammer back into shape first.

1 Like

Does Brax ever come around here anymore?

1 Like

I know he is more active on the FB group.

Me me me me me, oh pick me! waves hand frantically

(lol)