New Spells & Items by Kalthadrix

originally posted by Kalthadrix

Another Feat- a revised version of the Multicasting Feat

Multicasting
Prerequisits: Four or more arms, Silent Spell, Combat Casting, Int 20, Dex 20.
Benefit: With this feat a spellcaster with multiple arms is able to cast an additional spell that has already been modified by the Silent Spell feat, by utilizing their other set of hands. Doing this requires an extreme amount of concentration and time. As a full round action, the spellcaster must succeed in a concentration check with a DC equal to 15 + the combined effective level of both spells being cast. Failure in results in the loss of both spells.
Normal: A spellcaster can only cast one spell per round using a standard action.

He is a new item I dreamed up today- it may need a bit of tweeking but I think its really cool.

Feedback is always welcome

Arcanis Rod

These rods vary in size and appearance, though they are usually shaped to appear like a cane of masterful workmanship. The one feature that all have in common is that one end will have the open maw of some creature carved upon it. Aside from their beautiful design, these rods appear to be nothing more then a rod or cane, but their common appearance hides their great power.

With an arcanis rod, a spellcaster may store up to 50 charges of spells from any number of wands and access them at a later time without the need to carrying multiple wands around with them. When a spellcaster wished to store the energy from a wand within an arcanis rod, they need only hold the end of the wand up to the open mouth carved on the rod and speak the command word for the wand, which discharges one charge from the wand as normal. The wielder of the rod may then use the powers of the rod and siphon off as many charges as they wish from the wand, up to the number remaining within the item, and place them into the rod. The rod will automatically stop drawing charges from a wand when it reaches its storage limit of 50 charges. Each wand effect still maintains its own charges and caster level, so no spell effect can be cast forth using another wands charges. For example, a preserver with an arcanis rod stores 5 charges of magic missile charges (CL 5), 10 of light (CL 1), 8 of dispel magic (CL 10), and 3 of fireball (CL 8). Casting a fireball from this arcanis rod, the wielder would only be allowed to use charges remeining that were specifically for fireball, he could not power the spell with light charges.

All arcanis rods also have an additional feature built into them in the form of a specific metamagic feat. If the wielder of the rod wills it, he may modify a spell effect he is activating from within the rod with the metamagic feat the rod is enchanted with. Activating this ability used up some of the additional spell energy stored within the rod depending upon the metamagic it is using (see table below). The spell effected with the metamagic feat can only powered charges from the spell effect being activated, so for example heightening a fireball can only be done with fireball charges from the rod and if there are not enough charges of the spell remaining in the rod to power the metamagically altered version of the spell, the rod does not function but a singlecharge is still expended.

Effects modified with the Silent Spell metamagic feat require no command word, and Still spell only requires that the wielder have contact with the arcanis rod and see their target. Spells modified with the Heighten Spell feat can have their level increased up to four levels, making them harder to resist and dispel.

In addition, arcanis rods never detect as magical, being protected by a modified version of the non-detection spell.

Metamagic Additional

Effect Charges Cost

Enlarge +1 88,200 Cp

Empower +2 107,800 Cp

Extend +1 88,200 Cp

Heighten +1 to +4 127,400 Cp

Maximize +3 107,800 Cp

Quicken +4 127,400 Cp

Silent +1 88,200 Cp

Still +1 88,200 Cp

Widen +3 107,800 Cp

(Creation information and stuff to come later)

I am reposting this spell (no changes as of yet) but I wanted to put it and the picture Brian made for me together. The picture shows the spellform structure made by Oronis when he created this spell (at least IMC)

A revised version of the spell will be forth coming. Enjoy

Door of Time
Conjuration [Teleportation]
Spellcraft DC: 60
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: 3 days
Effect: Allows upto 6 creatures to travel back in time.
Duration: 1 day per caster level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
To Develop: 540,000 cp; 11 days; 21,600 XP. Seed: transport (DC 27). Factors: move to time stream (+8 DC), move through the time stream up to 5 days in the past (+80 DC), move through the time stream into past up to twice casters current life time (+160 DC), five additional creatures (+50 DC). Mitigating factors: Increase casting time to 10 minutes (-20 DC), increase casting time to three days (-6 DC), burn 7,500 XP (-75 DC), required structure costing 1,000,000cp (-10 DC), 16 additional participants contributing a 5th level spell (-144 DC), backlash damage 10d6 (-10 DC).

With this spell was wizard is able to send up to 6 creatures back in time, upto twice the spellcasters current age. So an 80 year old wizard who cast this spell would be able to travel back in time up to 160 years. Those that travel back in time are not stranded in the time period that they step back into. While the time travelers are back in time, the additional participants whom aided in casting this spell are held in a type of status, needing no food, drink, or rest, nor do they feel any discomfort at all. They are held in this status for up to one day per level of the spellcaster, or until the caster dies or dismisses the spell. Those spellcasters who aided in the spell casting are completely helpless during this time, as they are the focal point that keep the time travelers connected to the time that they came from. If any participant is killed while the time travels are in another time, the remaining duration of the spell is reduced by two days. If eight or more of the additional participants are killed, the spell ends and the time travelers are ripped back into their own time. This forceful ejection through the time stream is very painful and inflicts 20d6 points of damage to all the time travelers (Fortitude save DC 30 for half). The wizard whom cast this spell need not be one of the time travelers.

IMAGE(http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Kalthandrix/epicspell_digipaint2.jpg)

originally posted by kalthadrix

Yeah- Brian worked his magic that is for sure- the picture below was one I did to give him an idea of what I was looking for, (I really have no skilz at drawing as you can see- which is way I went to the professional!)

Oh yeah- photobucket rulz!

IMAGE(http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/Kalthandrix/draft2.jpg)

It has been a while since I posted any of my materail on this thread - but here you are.

This Epic spell seed is the answer to some of the problems that I have had in some of the Epic spell conversions that I have done. This may be a bit rough seeing as how I designed this spell seed in the last two and a half hours, but I think it is pretty comprehensive.

Phear the skilz :smiley:

Seed: Imbue
Enchantment
Spellcraft DC: 30
Components: V,S, plus special
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Target: Touched creature or object of 1,000 lbs or less
Duration: Special
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

With this spell, the caster can enable a creature to manipulate mystical energies without the need for training or innate ability. This allows them to activate items such as wands, staffs, or scrolls as long as they succeed in making a Will save with the DC being equal to 10 + the level of the spell they are activating + the caster level of the effect. This effect is permanent.

They may also link a spell to imbue that the target may activate as a spell-like ability once per day. For imbued spells, the Spellcraft DC increases by +2 per spell level imbued. The number of activations per day can also be increased by taking the increase caused by the spell and multiplying that amount by twice the number of usages per day desired. For example, the Spellcraft DC (before other factors or mitigating factors) to imbued a creature with the fireball spell useable 3 times per day would be: 30 (base) plus 6 (3 spell levels multiplied by 2) plus 36 (spell increase of 6 multiplied by the 6, the number of activations per day times 2) for a total Spellcraft DC of 72.

Multiple spells can be linked to imbue, increasing the Spellcraft DC by +2 per linked spell multiplied by the spell level. So linking a second spell would add +4 per spell level, a third spell would add +6 per spell level, ect… Linking spells of differing levels is always figured by using the lowest level spell first. The number of activations per day uses the same calculation as above, with each linked spell being figured independently of the others. So a creature imbued with mage armor, invisibility, and fireball each useable 3 times per day would require a Spellcraft DC of 114.Spells modified via metamagic feats are calculated using the level of the spell slot used.

The spellcaster of imbue is required to use or burn 50 times cost of expensive material components or XP at the time the spell-like ability is imbued

The caster level of the spell-like abilities gained through imbue equals the creatures total level or hit dice (maximum equal to the caster level of the one who cast imbue). The save DC is equal to 10 + spell level + creatures Cha modifier. The spell-like abilities gained are permanent.

Imbue can also be used to invest inanimate objects with a spell effect that can be activated by anyone who meets the conditions set forth by the spellcaster. To imbue an object with a spell, the Spellcraft DC increases by +3 per spell level imbued and is only useable once before the effect fades. Multiple usages of a spell can be imbued by taking the DC increase and multiplying that number by the number of uses desired. So a sleet storm effect useable three times would have a Spellcraft DC of: 30 (base) plus 9 (3 spell levels times 3) plus 27 (9 times three usages) for a total DC of 66.

Spell effects that have a personal target affect the one who activates the imbued spell. All other spells activate in the location that the imbue was laid down. Caster level equals the level of the spellcaster who linked the spell to imbue.

The imbued spell placed upon an object can be made permanent by multiplying the DC increase from the spell by 10.

Thieves can remove this type of imbue if they make the appropriate skill checks to locate the spell. Removing the imbued effect requires a Disable Device skill check DC equal to the caster level of imbue + the level of the spell linked to imbue + the spellcaster’s primary spellcasting ability modifier.

I do not ever remember posting this spell, but I think it could use some fixing.

The purpose of this spell is to enable a wizard to speak with the dead, though not like a cleric. By tappin ginto the Gray, the wizard would actually speak with the spirit of the dead - so I would like to work in a part where the wizard could actually be deceived, though he would also gain some bonus’ to his sense motive checks maybe depending on caster level.

So comments and aid are welcome. Thanks.

I am including some of the cleric’s speak with dead spell to aid people in compairing and insuring that the spells are different.

Gray Speak
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M. F
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: Corpse or skull of sentient creature
Duration: 1 minute/ level

Upon completion of this spell, the caster is able to call forth the spirit of the corpse this spell was cast upon to gain knowledge and secrets that it knew in life. The caster may ask one question per two caster levels. Unasked questions are wasted if the duration expires. The corpse’s knowledge is limited to what the creature knew during life and it can only communicate with the languages it spoke in life.

This spell compels the spirit to speak, but if the casters alignment is dramatically opposed to the spirit’s, it may attempt to Bluff in order to give false or misleading information. The caster received a circumstance bonus of half his arcane spellcaster level to all Sense Motive checks.

Due to the nature of the Gray, some creatures are not able to be contacted, as over time, the very essence of a creature is absorbed into the Gray. Success depending upon how long ago the creature died and the relative strength of their spirit.

NEEDS MORE

Speak with Dead
Necromancy [Language-Dependent]
Level: Clr 3
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 10 ft.
Target: One dead creature
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: No
You grant the semblance of life and intellect to a corpse, allowing it to answer several questions that you put to it. You may ask one question per two caster levels. Unasked questions are wasted if the duration expires. The corpse’s knowledge is limited to what the creature knew during life, including the languages it spoke (if any). Answers are usually brief, cryptic, or repetitive. If the creature’s alignment was different from yours, the corpse gets a Will save to resist the spell as if it were alive.

If the corpse has been subject to speak with dead within the past week, the new spell fails. You can cast this spell on a corpse that has been deceased for any amount of time, but the body must be mostly intact to be able to respond. A damaged corpse may be able to give partial answers or partially correct answers, but it must at least have a mouth in order to speak at all.

This spell does not let you actually speak to the person (whose soul has departed). It instead draws on the imprinted knowledge stored in the corpse. The partially animated body retains the imprint of the soul that once inhabited it, and thus it can speak with all the knowledge that the creature had while alive. The corpse, however, cannot learn new information.
Indeed, it can’t even remember being questioned.

This spell does not affect a corpse that has been turned into an undead creature.

Burst of Enslavement
Telepathy (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Telepath 6
Display: Mental, Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 ft. radius centered upon manifester
Duration: Concentration
Save: Will partial
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 11

With this power, you send out a powerful mental command that temporally displaces nearby creatures personal wants and desires and replaces it with the need to full fill your desires. Every creature caught within the area of effect must make a Will save in order to shrug off the mental assault. Those that make their save are shaken for 1 round due to the power and suddenness of the mental struggle.

Creatures failing their saving throw are dominated (see dominate person). Each creature dominated receives is allowed to make a new Will save each round during your turn as their mind tries to shrug off the domination. If their save is successful, the creature is considered shaken as noted above.

Augment
You can augment this power in one or more of the following ways.

1. If you spend 2 additional power points, this power can also affect an animal, fey, giant, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.
  2. If you spend 4 additional power points, this power can also affect an aberration, dragon, elemental, or outsider in addition to the creature types mentioned above.
  3. If you spend 3 additional power points, this power’s radius is increased by 5 ft.
  4. If you spend 1 additional power point, this power’s duration persists for 1 round past the time that you cease concentrating.
  5. If you spend 1 additional power point, those held in thrall by this power are not allowed to make their new saving throws for 1 round.

In addition, for every 2 additional power points you spend to achieve any of these effects, this power’s save DC increases by 1.

Revised Version- still need work on the text but I think that the mechanics are worked out with the higher prereqs.

True Ambidexterity [General]

Through hard work and skill, you have been able to train yourself to be as proficient with one hand as the other, allowing you to function equally well with either hand.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, two-weapon fighting, improved two-weapon fighting, base attack bonus +9

Benefit: When wielding two weapons, you use your full Strength modifier when applying damage.

Normal: When two-weapon fighting, you may only apply half of you Strength bonus to damage with your off-hand weapon.