Prism Pentad Continuity Issues: Nok, Giants, and Floating Heads

If so, then that halfling from Dragon’s Crown is also on the right path to gain arcane magic

3 Likes

Nice point.
Reminds me of the Kreen origin I wrote for my headcanon.

• The Nature Masters transformed the Nature Benders, or those of them who commited the crime of killing other halflings, into Zik-Chil, thus rendering them unable to life shape ever again.
    Banished to the hinterlands they waited.
  • When the last Nature Masters
    left Athas with the Messenger (just in case the world couldn’t be saved and a repopulate option was needed),
    went to sleep under the split rock (to awaken when the sun becomes blue again) and
    another location in the south (with a life shaping device, the mother brain, that was kind of a life shaped factory which malfunctioned when the Dark Lens was stolen and due to the corrupt proximity of the Dead Lands, thus merging the sleeping Nature Masters with life shaped devices that were supposed to save them, into Illithids, who onced awakened created Githzerei, Githyanki, Beholders as minions),
    the greatest of them stayed, triggered the Rebirth, transformed the Halflings so they could adapt to the new world and transformed themselves into Pyreen, to oversee the rebirth and give up the power of life shaping.
  • When this happened, the Zik-Chil started to experiment, unable to shape or create, they still could change life. So they took small insektoids and created, after decades, the large Trin.
  • Unable to increase the intelligence of Trin over a certain point, with few mutated and rare exceptions, the dream of conquest and revenge was almost gone,
  • till some hundreds years ago the Wanderer started to explore the Hinterlands, for he became the first counter-Dragon, a almost full grown Avangion and couldn’t hide from the Dragon and the Sorcerer Monarchs in the Tablellands anymore.
  • Here he met the Zik-Chil, unable to probe their minds and too trustful, he helped them unintentionally to create the first Kreen, Ka’Cha, by donating some parts of his regenerating flesh.
  • Ka’Cha and the Great On, as he was called by the Zik-Chil, traveled together both trusting each other and the Zik-Chil, who helped him finish his transformation.
  • Once he finished the final step, in the moment of weakness, the Zik-Chil trapped the Great One and Ka’Cha, in a suspended animation.
  • Now they could harvest as much flesh as they needed to create a powerful army.
  • The process, though, leaves a mark on the Tohr-Kreen and Three-Kreen, a racial memory of the Great One, that can be triggered by other Avangions.
1 Like

Not after my Preserver/Psionicist avenged Korgunard he isn’t! :wink:

3 Likes

I disregarded PP when it came out; really? It had SK dying like Star-Trek extras in red-shirts.

When I run Dark Sun, I like the original box-set '91. (And 3.5 is awesome too), and so it 4e*, but I tend to only run AD&D2e)).

*4e is great, I picked up the PG and DMG in SLC, but I don’t have the MM, so, monsters are really part of the game; I guess the real monsters are the PCs!

2 Likes

Its a cool scenario. There should have been a time jump of say 20 years between Amber Enchantress and the remaining 2 novels. That would give the heroes time to level up, for Sadira to become an advanced being, and make the battles in the Cerulean Storm more realistic and fair to the Sorcerer Monarchs.

1 Like