The Moons of Athas

Only in my head. And everyone died. shrug

2 Likes

In FY 14 one of my PCs (a new avangion) teamed up with Nethas and Xaymon to travel about 3000 years into the future. They spent a couple months there traveling the wastes, looking for life. They visited the seven city states, a dozen villages, they scoured the tablelands and they found… desert and ash.

Whole swaths of land were defiled, the Crescent Forest and Forest Ridge were gone, silt had pushed even further into the tablelands, cities were broken ruins, villages were just gone, mountains had erupted into volcanoes and the sun beat down mercilessly. They did not encounter a single living creature, but a lot of undead, intelligent and not. All wanting to extinguish their life. They could not find the cause, but looking around them they could see evidence of defilement and the paraelementals everywhere.

They returned to FY 14 and vowed to never let it come to pass. They knew they were not strong enough alone, they would need to take on all the Sorcerer Monarchs, the para elemental priests, every defiler would need to be destroyed. Undead would need to be wiped from the face of the world.

In FY 14 alone they located three more potential avangions, invited them into the newly formed council and used the Korgunard’s Annulus to help them transform into avangions. In FY 15 they started courting three more that accepted. One has already used the Annulus succesfully, one it turned out had defiled long ago and turned to ash, and a third hasn’t yet used the Annulus while the council tries to figure out what went wrong. They identified another three candidates that will need assistance to gain the required power including Atzetuk (who they don’t yet realize has been lost to the spirit of Tek) and Shatri.

Xaymon knows his mentor Korgunard had an avangion mentor, but not where he or she is, if they are still alive, or if the council could convince them to help. They don’t believe even with all of the council they can yet avert this coming apocalypse, but with the First One’s help (who they believe is fully metamorphisized), more preservers, and becoming more advanced themselves, they think they have a shot. Until then they hunt for allies, helpful magic and psionics, destroy undead, defilers, and para elemental clerics, and try to stay under the radar.

2 Likes

Hit reply by accident…

I also did a few other time travel adventures:

Unknown future time when the world had returned to the Blue Age. Halflings were rebuilding under Rajaat. The Storm Lord (a halfling inhabited by Tithian) was leading a war against the last of the human and demi human races. Halflings lived on the oceans in life shaped cities while humans and demi humans lived on scattered islands and used boats, magic, and psionics to travel between them. Non-halflings were mostly wiped out by the flooding of the Cerulean Storm. This was the final adventure for one of my groups, PCs all died in this timeline but managed to take out some of Tithian’s key lieutenants and their sacrifice enabled several hundred humans and demihumans to escape to the past.

Unknown future time when the world had returned to the Green Age, but Dray ruled, there were still some humans that lived outside the cities but demi-humans were hunted for sport and had been nearly wiped out. The Dray all worshiped Dregoth, the one and only Dragon of Athas. This is what caused one of my PCs to turn Dray and start a trading house devoted to building up Guistenal, the Dray, and converting humans.

2 Likes

After seeing that grim future I hope the campaign becomes about…

1 Like

Silk wyrms. Not spiders. Guthay is really a giant egg that hatches all silk wyrms as fully-grown adults. See the story of Uncle Tontor in Dragon Kings pg 5. But yeah, that’s all my players would find on a moon.

1 Like