Gate into New Kurn?

This appeared picture appeared on the Facebook page for Dark Sun.

Could this be the gate into New Kurn? It looks well defensible. Just the kind of high security area that Oronis would want.

1 Like

It’s plausible as Fort Protector, kinda like the Harpy Gate of Meereen in GoT…

I always imagined Fort Protector being at the almost the highest point in the mountain pass before you descend into the valley proper. That way the towers and structures of New Kurn wouldn’t be visible behind the walls like they are in either image.

1 Like

Slaver’s Bay in the Song of Ice and Fire setting is VERY Dark Sun. We can lift ideas from it. How about Unsullied type slave soldiers, produced in Altaruk?

Of course, it would be a bit too much to say that these slave soldiers had been gelded like the Unsullied. Perhaps they were psionically conditioned in addition to years of training?

1 Like

Gelded slaves? :scream:You’ll upset WotC with talk like that!

On a serious note though, long term psionic domination or suggestion to reinforce standard conditioning techniques could work. I don’t see them being trained at Altaruk though - not given House Wavir’s beliefs and strong support of the place. You could shunt the training site north to Ablath oasis as a possible location.

1 Like

In ASoIaF, there are lots of different kinds of trained slaves. The Unsullied I already mentioned. There are Yunkish bed slaves that are trained in the way of the seven sighs and the sixteen seats of pleasure.

1 Like