I am working on some Darklands/Underdark material for Dark Sun. My starting point is known existing ones in canon.
- Subterranean. There are many “dungeons” which are not underground. I will make exception for something like inside a mountain, but it should be underground.
- There is a difference between extensive underground dungeon and an Underdark. The Underdark should be able to support some kind of ecosystem (not necessarily a natural one) and often at least one society.
These are the ones I can think of for sure.
- Everything beneath Guistenal
- Hidden gith city beneath the Black Spine Mountains
- The mindhome/dark spider caverns near Cedrilte (from Shattered Lands).
- UnderTyr and iron mines of Tyr.
There are certainly others. These below are potentials.
- Exposed cave system after the Great Earthquake
- Mines of Raam
I am sure there are others. Any others I am missing? I do enjoy creating new ones, but I’d like to be sure I’ve got all the extant examples first.