Dark Sun Cultures

What unique cultures are there in Dark Sun? I’m looking for major cultures, not just places/cities/towns. I’ve got:
–Tablelands:–
Tyr
Urikite
Balican
Gulgan
Nibenese
Raamite
Drajan
Kalidnayan (Brown Age)
Yarish (Brown Age)
Celekite (Brown Age)
Giustenese (Brown Age)
Major Trading Houses
Major Elf Tribes
Major Slave Tribes
Forest Ridge Halflings
Aarakocra
Pterrans
–Trembling Plains:–
Eldaarish
Kurnish
Eloi
Bandit States
House Azeth
–Cliffs–
Rhul-Thaun
Kreen Empire
–Other–
Ur-Draxan
Last Sea Lizardfolk

Does this include non-canon cultures? I could add a few homebrew ones

How about the Green Age cultures mentioned in FotFN:

• the Tanysh Empire
  • Carsys
  • Remaan
  • the Goblins (with further mention of expanded influence in SotDL; ie. as in having a kingdom or empire)

and speaking of SotDL, perhaps:

• the cities of Ulyan

** not sure on any of the other Green Age “Cleansed” races??? - but consider: Kobolds, Ogres,Trolls, Orcs, Gnomes, Wemics, Pixies, and Taris

and Blue Age cultures:

• Rhulisti (Nature-Benders and Nature-Masters)
  • the Kreen
  • Nikaal??

I’d also add those cultures associated with followers of the elements
-Earth, Air, Fire, and Water

as well as the (present) racial cultures:

• Kreen (outside of the Empire)
  • Dwarven (with subcultures present in the Last Sea and on the Road of Fire - the Moratuc)
  • Giant
  • Gith
  • Nikaal??
  • Ssurran

What is your goal in collecting cultures?

Conversation? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure that I’d throw the elemental religions into a “culture” bucket, as there’s nothing particularly unifying about them – they exist within their home culture, and probably all have their own variants on worship. An Elf and an Aarakocra are going about their Air worship very differently, I’d say

I was asking because I collect write ups on cultures, more comprehensive is generally better. I’m always looking for more source material.

Good point.

I think I had in mind the cultural bits shown in the few city-state books (specifically pertaining to the elemental cults) and the examples given in Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. I do agree with you, however, that they would pertain more to a sub-category of culture within the greater whole (as pertaining to race or city-state cultural background).