Darksun 3.5e Revision 8 = When?

Yes, sir, I shall send that to you.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t expect him to reformat it. That’s not going to happen.

If there is reformatting needed, I will gladly take it on as an additional request, since I updated the document.

and email sent to @raddu .

1 Like

If Ninjineko is capable of reformatting, then I am requesting that the go-ahead be given for his small edit of DS 3.5 Core Rules. Ninjineko, with permission, can publish it right here on the forum. If it doesn’t meet the requirements of athas dot org, it need not make the main page. If it does meet the requirements, then put it up.

It is being looked at and edited further. @flip what’s your ETA on the last pass?

1 Like

You should add in the water rules.

3 Likes

I mentioned it to Flip.

5 Likes

Hey there! This thread is a little more than a year old since the release of r8 to the templarate!

When can we hope to see r8 ? Thanks!

1 Like

Ninjineko’s edit is not formatted. You can’t expect any of the absent leadership to stop what they are doing and start formatting it. The only way r8 is going to happen is if the product is delivered complete with formatting.

Well, if Nijineko wants to join our development team, we can help him format what he has and get it out the door

3 Likes

aaah! Then it’s not formatted. Why not give it to people that could actually MOVE the project and get it out!?

It’s been a YEAR !

Give someone a Templar title who WILL do something about it or CARE about it for God sake!

4 Likes

Well, now they’ve done it. Someone’s PO’d the nicest guy on the internet. :grinning:

Yeah, we could probably reformat that within our group if necessary.

2 Likes

Precisely.

Why does it need to be specifically formatted and finalised by the Templarate? The Dead Lands books we’re finishing aren’t going to be.

We can figure out the house style by looking at what’s already been done.

1 Like

This edit is apparently for grammar and mistakes, so a PDF to Word conversion and replacement of the text from the revised version should do the trick. Some minor adjustments for things that failed to convert properly.

1 Like

As an artist of over 15 years experience, I’m fully capable of generating certain types of art, including page dressing and the like.

As a computer tech of similar time frame, I can easily extract the existing r7 artwork, layout info, e.t.c., and transfer it over to the r8 doc myself.

Thus I could easily produce a nearly identical end product by combining the skill sets completely on my own. It would just take time. I already have all the tools needed for the jobs, even. In fact that was my original intention: to turn in a ready to print-post-publish document.

Why didn’t I?

Because I was asked not to when I volunteered to do all of that work so that Flip and Raddu would not have to.

I have no idea why I received that response, but since that was the wishes of the Overcouncil, I did not quibble. Therefore, I only did the editorial checking. I tried not to mess with anything else.

I believe they had valid reasons for requesting it be done that way.

2 Likes

Most likely so they could see the edits better, which would be harder to distinguish in a finished product.

Sounds reasonable.

I did turn on the edit tracking feature, so all my changes were recorded without removing the existing text. Makes it easier to approve or deny any given change.

1 Like

Since SotDL has since been delegated, r8 (edit version) should be delegated also. It wouldn’t be hard for us in the discord server to verify the contents, proofread, and then approve. Can we get the rubber stamp?

1 Like