(EZ) Psionic Class for 5e D&D

Guide Reference to 5e Psion Class

A stand-alone character class that is fully compatible with the D&D Basic Rules. Nothing fancy or complicated, just a regular class template that follows the Basic Rules. Links to complete guides are located at the bottom of the post.

Class Features –

Hit Points:
Hit Dice: 1d8 per psion level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 + Constitution modifier per psion level after 1st

Proficiencies:
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple melee, simple ranged weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Intelligence
Skills: Two chosen from History, Investigation, Religion, Insight, Medicine, and Perception

Equipment:

• (a) a light hammer, or (b) a dagger
  • (a) a spear, or (b) two handaxes
  • (a) a traveler’s pack (includes traveling clothes, pack, blanket, 5 days of trail rations, waterskin, fire kit, 2 torches)

Features:
1st Level – Psionics, Sense Psionics, Wild Talents
2nd Level – Mental Barrier
3rd Level – Psychic Focus
4th Level – Ability Score Improvement
5th Level – Power Recovery
6th Level – Psychic Focus
7th Level – N/A
8th Level – Ability Score Improvement
9th Level – Psychic Focus
10th Level – N/A
11th - 20th Level - See complete resource

Proficiency Bonus:
Follows the same rate as clerics and spellcasters.

Psychic Range:
Begins at 1st level with 25 feet and increases 25 feet every level thereafter.

Psionic Power Slots:
Follows the same allocation as spell spots for clerics and spell casters.

Psionics. You are able to manifest psionic powers. (Full Psionic Power List) These powers must be of a level for which you have power slots available, which follows the spell slots available for clerics and wizards.
Manifesting a psionic power is and Action, and unless otherwise noted in the power’s description, requires a successful Wisdom ability check to manifest.
Wisdom is your psionic power manifesting ability and is combined with its modifier when setting the saving throw DC , if applicable. The Wisdom ability score is also used in conjunction with its modifier, as well as you proficiency bonus when making an attack roll for a psionic power.
Making a psionic power attack follows the same rules as Actions in Combat (Basic Rules), however, are made against the target’s base Wisdom score instead of their Armor Class, as they are mental attacks, not physical ones.
The prerequisite of making a psionic attack is to first make contact with the targeted creature. Contact establishes a psychic link that becomes the conduit for further psychic exchanges.
Contact can only be made with a creature within your psychic range, and must have, at minimum, an Intelligence score of 1.
To attempt to make contact , roll d20 + psionic power attack modifier (proficiency bonus + Wisdom score modifier) against the target’s base Wisdom score. A result equal or greater results in successful contact being made. Psionic powers can now be projected into the target’s mind on subsequent turns, or as a bonus action.
Finishing a long rest restores all expended psionic power slots.

Sense Psionics. You are able to sense psionic powers that have manifest within your psychic range. You cannot detect from where the power originated, only that psychic energy has been accumulated and manifest.

Wild Talents. Wild Talents are inherent psionic powers that nearly any sentient creature has the capability to manifest. Wild Talents are 0-Level psionic powers.

Mental Barrier. You gain the ability to defend yourself against psionic intrusions by creating a Mental Barrier which obstructs unwanted contact. All contact attempts directed towards you are rolled with disadvantage.

Psychic Focus. You are able to focus your psionic energy well enough to double your psychic range or duration of a psionic power, or increase your chance of making contact with a targeted creature by temporarily decreasing their base Wisdom score by your proficiency bonus.

Ability Score Improvement. You increase one ability score by a two, or two ability scores by one.

Power Recovery. You can recover a single power slot after only a short rest.

– DOCUMENTS –

PSIONIC CLASS for 5e D&D:

PSIONIC POWERS for 5e D&D: PSIONIC POWERS for 5e D&D - Google Docs

3 Likes

I like it!

Maybe add a Psychokinetic and Psychoportation set of powers as well, to give more variety?

1 Like

I am not planning on using 5th edition in the future. Thank you for doing all this hard work regardless. I am sure for some this is EXACTLY what they need.

2 Likes

I at least want to try 5th edition. I haven’t played it yet, and I don’t feel right forming an opinion without being informed.

Very smart. Hope you get to try it, and have a blast

1 Like