Fort Butcher (collected information on this fort)

Ok.
I have Fort Butcher on a map somewhere in the Great Alluvial Sand Wastes inbetween Kled and the Citadel (Borys’ old haunt).
It would seem it’s added from material in 4E but I can’t for the life of me seem to find the sourcing of the place. Who can help?

I have it located where the map is currently marked “Jura Dai Encampment”. For reference each hex is 6 miles, so about 40ish miles northeast of Tyr. I used the same rough location as the awesome Dark Sun actual play “To Tame a Land”: Dark Sun Ep.01: AD&D 2E | To Tame A Land 01 - A Little Knowledge Part 1 | Lawful Stupid RPG - YouTube

4 Likes

Fort Butcher is the name I came up with for the unnamed ruined fort that appears in “A Little Knowledge” where the Jura Dai live which is how the name ended up on the map. The location is canonical - the name is my own invention. It’s a riff on the whole Butcher of Dwarves thing - another of his forts appears in one of the novels in the same vicinity. I figure it probably had another name originally but local myth will have preserved it as nothing more than “the Fort of the Butcher”.

3 Likes

Also, thanks for the shout-out! Glad you’re enjoying our games. We just got back off summer break and are streaming again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! While looks at the map for Pristine Tower group Green Age worldbuilding I think I tentatively had marked the jura-dai camp/fort as a dwarven fortress guardian kelemok’s river and reservoir (the nearby dwarven oasis), though it also works as a human fort constructed by Borys during the campaign as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Or TAKEN during that campaign!

2 Likes