Planar locked Athas

I like the idea that Athas was sealed off by the gods when they imprisoned the Primordials there. Like the Greek myth about Tartarus and the Titans.

1 Like

Now that’s something I’d love to read (and I love your planar short stories already)!

1 Like

I introduced an aasimar npc who came to Athas seeking vengeance against Dregoth for killing her planetar father during his time in the Outer Planes.

2 Likes

Found this about darksun planes while searching for something else:

During the 90ties, when I tried to adapt the Inner Planes to an Athas only Universe, where there are no other Universes connected. ^^ What an awful handwriting xD.

3 Likes

There are canon works that allow plane shifting, I recently was pointed to Black Spine, which obviously shows that Githyanki and Githzerai can planeshift on Athas. Psionics wouldn’t even be a thing on Athas unless they could tap into the Astral Plane, don’t believe the so called purists that say planar travel is impossible. They are Pharisees, clinging to rules and regulations created by themselves

1 Like

What does psionics have to do with the Astral Plane?

Psionics: The psionicist shapes, controls, harnesses, and utilizes natural forces that infuse his own being. His effort is focused inward rather than outward. He must be completely in touch with and aware of even the tiniest workings of his body and mind. pg 8 CPHB

It is the plane of the mind. I don’t remember the book that mentioned it, but you could actually enter someone’s mind that was a high level psionic through the Astral Plane. It is where the mind taps into the psionic powers from what I have read.

Wasn’t there mention in one of the Planescape books about how trying to enter Athas’ crystal sphere would result in a chance of randomly ending up lost the Grey?

1 Like

I haven’t seen that. But I’m sure it’s possible if you are not using a dedicated teleportation circle.

On my other point of the Astral Plane, it has to be able to be accessed before the Grey, if the Grey blocks access to other planes as many people surmise the Grey to be. Because psionics would not work properly on Athas, if that were the case. And as we know, almost everything is psionic on Athas, so it stands to reason that the Astral Plane (or at least a smaller demi plane of the Astral) is closer to Athas than any of the other planes.

Yes. I believe it was a percentile roll. There is also the locality of ‘New Tyr’ in the Sigil slums.

1 Like

Web DM has a great video about the Astral Plane and describes at one point that psionic warriors fight both on the Astral and the Material at the same time.

The Astral Plane | 5e Dungeons & Dragons - YouTube

1 Like