Pristine Tower Dev Group - Vote on our Next Side Project!

There is a whole string of villages along the Estuary, and then a few up near Draj/Guistenal, and also Lake Island and possibly some sites on the Road of Fire, though I think that Dragon’s Crown made it pretty clear that ships don’t really get out there other than the M’ke ones for some reason. I guess they might trade with Eldaarich via Siltside as well… and mabye that serves as indirect trade with Kurn somehow. I would assume they trade with the Silt Archipelago, but that just seems to be one village from what they have released. Perhaps they used to trade with Ur Draxa as well?

3 Likes

Its my understanding that there’s a whole pile of islands and mudflats with a assortment of settlements down there - though i believe that most of that isnfrom a netbook at this point.

1 Like

The silt archipelego’s northernmost islands are covered in Valley of Dust and Fire, anything south of Muln is fanon from the netbook.

4 Likes

I love to see all these things happening particularly since I’ve been working for about a year to pull together all the threads I could find prepping to run a 5e DS green age campaign. I’ve dug through all the source docs I could get my hands on but there’s still needed to be quite a bit of homebrew-esque work. Happy to put any of that into the hopper if it’s useful.

4 Likes

Yes please. If you find anything that could help with our projects on the list, it will make them come to completion that much sooner!

PM me a link to a dropbox with information.

2 Likes

I see there is a Shattered Lands of the Ravager project on the list-there was a hint manual which listed all the monsters in the game along with stats. I am sure that would help.

3 Likes

yup, we have access to those as well as the ripped maps from the game. I’ve made some tentative attempts to graft shattered land’s locations onto the area near draj :sweat:

5 Likes

Maps are also available here:

2 Likes

That’s where I got em too :sweat_smile:, big props to the person who extracted them.

2 Likes

A minor project could be “Lands Beyond” or “Farthest Frontiers”, which could be a collection of ideas and tangents of mythical lore about far away corners of Athas based on the world map.
There are actually some tidbits of information in the original WOTC Community forum thread posted by the author of the map like “Storm Emperor” or Empress in the Jungles beyond Kreen Empire that were never compiled.

4 Likes

That was the intention behind lost lands of athas gazetter

3 Likes

Yes. I’ve thought much the same.

2 Likes

It is interesting but IIRC it is in format of short stories, something that I would struggle with.

I personally was thinking of more of a tidbits and snippets of lore connected to maps we have. Just fluff without rules for now.

2 Likes

Not stories, wanderer journal type books each focused on a different region, so right up your ally.
Here is an example for a location in the Drake Tail Peninsula that I wrote:

The Gossamer Woods

This eerie forest stretches from the southern shore of lake relic southward deep into the Drake’s Spine to the Odquanian nest village of Wildflame. The forest itself is beautiful, and the reys of the crimson sun penetrate the vibrant green canopy in large shafts of dazzling light, but There is an unnatural silence here, and no animal is seen or heard. Delicate threads like spider silk cover almost every inch of the woods though there’s no spiders to be seen, and a seemingly endless rain of iridescent insect wings falls like flower petals from an unknown source. Despite the apparent lack of any animal life, those who travel the forest report the unnerving feeling of being watched by hundreds of unseen eyes, which gets worse the closer one gets to the center of the forest where a large collection of hollow trees stands. These trees seem to have been the home of some sentient woodland race, long extinct, but whose memory and influence still lies heavily upon the woods. Those who travel the forest during the day find themselves feeling more and more tired despite the watch of the unseen stalkers, and their drowsiness grows with each cobweb they pass through, until they eventually succumb, waking only at nightfall, when the invisible watchers come out of hiding. To date, none of the survivors has ever been able to describe what attacked and chased them in the darkness under the trees, and most of them were left mad by the terror.

3 Likes