Pterrans vs Dray vs Jozhal

Yes, the problem with that is that they are a rebirth race, meaning there was no evolutionary process that led to a split resulting in both pterrans and pterrax like there was in real wold humans and apes, so my hypothesis solves that.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure that is apposite because the whole “rebirth races” thing was introduced well after the verbiage about the pterrax. Even if you accept the rebirth, them being related in an evolutionary sense is still possible. There could be a “missing link”, a precursor to both pterran and pterrax from which they rebirthed into separate species.

3 Likes

Sure, but that’s less interesting, at least for me, and regardless, I try to reconcile all canon sources even if the original writers did not.

3 Likes

I think we could do them justice with a long enough full chapter of their own in the Reptiles of Athas book we’ve been proposing for later. And it’s certainly better than nothing at all.

4 Likes

I would say hell yes to this! Colourful lizardy crests for everyone!

3 Likes

For head crests, I would go with the regional morph explanation, as the pterrans of the hinterlands and tyr region are already described as having a pteranodon like crests (with them being the common morph, same as the black and brown aarakocra), and other parts of the world have their own types

1 Like

Drew these a while ago and forgot to share

7 Likes

Ohhhhh cool designs!

1 Like