I couldn’t find where the Stalking Horror / Moonbeast had been converted for 3.5e, so I asked ChatGTP to do so. Here is what it came up with:
Frequency: Very rare
Activity Cycle: Night
Intelligence: Average (8-10)
Alignment: Chaotic evil
No. Appearing: 1
Armor Class: 23 (-3 in 2e terms)
Movement: 60 ft. (12 in 2e terms)
Hit Dice: 18d8+108 (average 189 hit points)
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+26
Attack: Tentacle +26 melee (2d6+13)
Full Attack: 7 tentacles +26 melee (2d6+13) and bite +21 melee (3d6+6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Constrict, psionics, spells
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., spell resistance 25, immunity to spells of 2nd level or lower
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +8, Will +12
Abilities: Str 37, Dex 10, Con 23, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Concentration +24, Hide +10, Listen +20, Move Silently +12, Spot +20
Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (tentacle)
Challenge Rating: 14
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 19-32 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -
Constrict (Ex): On a successful tentacle attack, the stalking horror can constrict its target, dealing an additional 2d6+13 points of bludgeoning damage. A creature grappled by the stalking horror cannot cast spells.
Psionics (Sp): The stalking horror possesses innate psionic abilities. It has access to the following powers:
- Disintegrate, telekinesis (Psychokinesis discipline)
- Control body, inertial barrier, molecular manipulation, opposite reaction (Psychokinesis discipline)
- Life draining (Psychometabolism discipline)
- Body equilibrium, displacement, ectoplasmic form (Psychometabolism discipline)
- Summon planar creature (Psychoportation discipline)
- Astral projection, time shift, wrench (Psychoportation discipline)
- Mind link, psionic blast (ultrablast), contact (awe), ego whip (inflict pain), id insinuation (invisibility), mind bar, mind thrust (psionic residue), psychic crush (phobia amplification), psychic drain (Telepathy discipline)
The stalking horror manifests these powers as spell-like abilities with a caster level of 12. The save DC for the abilities is 17 + the power’s level.
Spells (Sp): Once per day, the stalking horror can cast the following spells as a 12th-level defiler: wall of fog, fog cloud, mirror image, dispel magic, fireball, lightning bolt, spectral force, Evard’s black tentacles, ice storm, cloudkill, and chain lightning.
Aura of Fear (Su): All creatures within 60 feet of the stalking horror must make a successful Will save (DC 20) or be affected by an aura of fear. Affected creatures are paralyzed with fear for 2d6 rounds and cannot take any actions.
Invisibility (Su): The stalking horror can turn invisible at will as a free action.
Skills: The stalking horror has a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks.
Alignment: Always chaotic evil.
I just realized it left out the type, I’m thinking Aberration personally.