Templar Favored Weapons

I know the longsword is the favored weapon of Hamanu & his templars from the Templar entry in the Campaign Setting. Is there a list of the favored weapons of the other Sorcerer Kings anywhere?

I think I’ve read that carrikal = Gulg & macuahuitl = Draj, but I’d like to be sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is called out in the 3.5e material. I will look again.

However, this article may be of interest.

http://pandius.com/WotC/1038041.htm

1 Like

There was a list put together in the pathfinder conversion done by Bodhizen

Conversion is found here

1 Like

Scimitar, Falchion & Kukri?

Did they get rid of the Dark Sun weapons for that conversion?

I don’t think so. There is a table of DS specific weapons on pg 64.

I think Dood just put favored weapons for SKs for what he thought matched them thematically.

Though I don’t recall Templars in 2e or 3.5as having favored weapons. That was a 3.5e thing for Clerics. The version of the Templar used in that PF conversion is actually an inquisitor class.

1 Like

You’re right, I saw the blurb about Hamanu’s templar’s favored weapon (due to the War Domain) and mistakenly though all of them were supposed to have one.

1 Like

In my own games I play up the wives of Nibenay concept along with his Shadow-King persona. They carry an ornate dagger as their symbol of officer and connection to Nibenay, they keep it hidden unless they need to openly proclaim their authority. Otherwise they could be dressed as anyone and present themselves as anyone. This leads to a certain paranoia about how a templar could be nearby and watching at any moment unnoticed.

1 Like