The Burnt World of Athas - 30 Days of Dark Sun 3: What's your favorite Dark Sun Trope?

The 3rd day of #30DaysofDarkSun is here and the question is "What is your Favorite Dark Sun trope?". If you're not familiar with some of the Dark Sun tropes you can check out this great list.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://athas.org/articles/30DaysofDarkSun-3-Trope

A God Am I:
The sorcerer-kings. They’re not technically deities in game terms, but they still enforce worship of themselves and channel divine magic to their templars. Not to mention that almost nobody else is powerful enough to contest their claims.

Not to read all that wall of text, Asskicking Equals Authority. Cool Champions do the cool job!

Trope? Hmmm. I’m not particularly fond of this question but I suppose the idea of the advanced beings would be my favorite though that isn’t really a trope.

ho folks,

i think the best on dark sun is the complete setting. the feeling of a end time world with savage and barbaric emotions , the lack of good equipment, restrictions for wizards player and the unknown power sleeping behind the walls that its why i am love this setting. dark sun is 1 of the best worlds TSR have ever created.

I have to go with “Everything is trying to kill you.” I love that every aspect of the environment is lethal. It makes every overland trek into a true adventure and provides endless creativity for a DM. There is no such thing as “just an oasis.”

1 Like