The Burnt World of Athas - The Athasian Survey Project - Episode 1 Road from Urik

A series of short descriptions featuring lesser known Dark Sun Destinations across Athas.

Greetings friends. As per your generous offer to assist me in documenting my journey, I am sending you now my first clairvoyant missive in the name of the Athasian Survey Project: Since the Tyr-storms and earthquakes have started appearing across the Tablelands in the past few years, it has become clear to everyone that our world has changed. But it seems no one had ever set out before to do a coordinated study of exactly HOW it has been changing. I was recently contacted by a highly unusual consortium of interested parties, including several cities’ Veiled Alliances, druids, elemental priests, and others. Their purpose was to launch the first ever extensive survey of the known Athasian lands, to examine known and unknown environments and inspect geological and environmental anomalies to see what has changed and what has emerged in recent years. Because of my…unique set of skills and extensive connections across Athas, they believed me to be one of the few capable of travelling these lands to the extent required for such a survey. Of course, I am not The Wanderer, nor will I ever be. But faced with a proposal by such a rare combination of powerful players, I felt obliged to say yes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://athas.org/articles/ASP01-Road-from-Urik

These are very good. The photo is from the NamibRand Nature Reserve. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spot on! I shall have your mekillot milk delivered right away.
But do remember to pick out the hairs before drinking…

1 Like

Is it cheating if I used divination magic to learn the answer? It is a simple cantrip called Google reverse image search but it was effective. Either way, it matters not much to me as I am Mekillot lactose intolerant. Please give the milk to the Tyrian orphans if possible.

1 Like

Since the goal was creating engagement, and we’re talking, I would say it’s technically not cheating.

And why do you hate the Tryian orphans so much? :wink: