Thoughts on a cursed wish creating a Modern Champion?

So I have been working on a character that had found a magic item that granted three cursed wishes. The first wish was I wish to be a Sorcerer King! So wish granted. You are now the modern champion of Rajaat know as human blight! Wonderful you are know charged with the extinction of you own people and their half mongrel children…The wish drew the power for the transformation for the grey not Athas’ sun. Because of that human blight is only a level 1 defiler with no levels as a psion. Luckie him Its all part of the curse. Thoughts?

2 Likes

IMO, the power required to make another Champion far exceeds the limits of even a twisted Wish spell. But, it sounds like its for a home game - its certainly a cool idea and you absolutely gotta do what feels right.

Making him a 1st lvl defiler feels a bit harsh to my 3.5e adapted eyes, but maybe the abilities of a Human-Blight Champion even it out? :man_shrugging:

Personally, I’d maybe just have contrived to have him become king of Tyr or something, making him a “sorcerer-king”, not actually a Sorcerer-King. An ironic / malicious kingship is definitely within the bounds of power for a Wish / Deck of Many Things (which feels like about the same power level, but has a longer list of described effects it can do).

2 Likes

If the wish twisted past events and was not responsible for the transformation itself it could work…Maybe by transporting the character to another point in time a wish could work…its all hand waving at this point. I am testing using chatgpt as a dm and running a new character through a solo campaign.

1 Like