Titans on Athas

As creature only in 4ed we have “Beast Titan”.

But in book “Psionic Artifacts of Athas” (for AD&D) we have “Hurling Titan”.

So I think… could the titans have existed in the past and died out if the word was preserved? Similar like with mule - anybody know, that this is term for crossbreed beings, but nobody know how and what so thisi is use as offensive term.

Or maybe titans live on Athas?

I feel like if titans on Athas existed, they were either serving as an elite caste in the giant realms, or were mutant members of the various giant subraces growen to even larger proportions than their normal kin (if you go 4e where titans weren’t a saparate subrace of giant kind).
In any case they were probably Dregoth first targets in the CW, as they were the most serious threats of their kind.

2 Likes

Maybe I was inaccurate.

As “titan” I mean “god-like giants in 1ed or 2ed or from dragon-magazine no. 357”. IDK how this beings work in later editions :wink:

1 Like

In that case I would make them the rulers of their kind, maybe even unique beings not unlike the giant equivlent of the SK(though nowhere near as powerful of course), and no more than a few of them in existance, maybe like the seven fathers of the dwarves in the works of Tolkien

1 Like

In 1e/2e/3e, Titans are greek-style Outsiders and are therefore just as inappropriate as Angels for the setting.

Also, i salute and despise you for inadvertently forcing me to suggest that the 4e version of something is MORE appropriate to DS than an earlier edition’s version. :saluting_face: :rage: :wink:

Well played, sir.

2 Likes

@ouroboros - I had similar point of view. For far regions this should be good alternative as main leaders, for DM in worldbuilding. With own separate concepts of power, goals, methods of tyranny etc.

@The_DMs_Revenge also correct point of few :wink: main I seek interpretations or concepts, so also this I can use.

3 Likes

The Dragonlance Ogre Titans might fit with a refluff.

1 Like

Are they called Ogre Titans, or something else? I am trying to track them down to see if I agree with you.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=dragonlance.3e.titans&oq=dragonlance.3e.titans&aqs=chrome..69i57.11625j0j7&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

2 Likes

I like the idea that giantkind kings in the green age had to undergo a secret ritual that turned them into titans, the very last shred of life shaping craft left in their race from their halfling ancestors. Dregoth probably made sure it was lost forever lest any titan would rise again, even if he didn’t finish cleansing the giants

1 Like

Thank you. I was looking through 2e sources and didn’t even consider 3e.

2 Likes