Trade Lords - House Wavir doesn't count as a major house? And no employees?

I’m going through the latest releases of the Athas.org products. Saw Trade Lords and wanted to check on Wavir.

On page 12, under workers, it lists “none.”

And all the other major houses are given details, but not Wavir.

Did something happen to Wavir to bring them down to minor house status?

1 Like

Also, in the book, there’s mention of Forgotten Cities of the North. Did that get rolled into another product?

1 Like

Seems like a major oversight by the '08 team, but maybe I’ve just forgotten or am unaware of some adventure that details them being ganked. Based on Dune Trader Wavir should have approx. ~4000+ workers and soldiers. As for the Forgotten North we in the Pristine Tower are currently developing a new and updated version of the material for this region :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the Paizo 3e, after 300 ish years, Andro… came back. And he was pissed off.

So I’m hoping my favorite trading house didn’t get massacred again. :scream:

1 Like

Haha yeah the Paizo 3e stuff generally isn’t our favorite in PTDG and we tend to ignore it unless it is exceptionally cool or flavorful and focus our efforts on immediately pre and post Pentad. (Usually post)

As long as you’re answering, are there plans to update Raam, post Dregoth Ascending?

Because the three factions coming together is just too optimistic for Dark Sun. :cry:

And it’s WAY too much to ask that the three remaining Sorcerer Monarchs might actually start working with the good guys to try to get at least some of the Green Age back… :roll_eyes:

Haha we’d like to update and expand everything eventually, and are always working to add new stuff or integrate old stuff. Can’t comment to Raam specifically tho, if you’re especially interested in that perhaps you should see if you’ve got what it takes to be invited the team :slight_smile: or just present your own work if you don’t wanna fit the group standards etc.

Nah, I’m not creative, found out long ago… I’m a numbers cruncher.

But another question. Going through The Emissary, page 16, Garek’s classes are Rng and Bru. Rng is Ranger. Bru is… Brute?

A little Googling says Brute was the setting name for Barbarians in early drafts. Other posts (possibly talking about their home rules) said they took out raging and added Berserker Strength (Strength +1 per level, IIRC).

Is this a typo? Or is Brute an NPC class (like warriors are Fighters but without all the frills)?

I DO seem to be finding out missed stuff, but on the other hand, I’m REALLY bad at focusing. I’m a little ADD/distractible.

1 Like

That was a bit of silliness and refusal to implement 3.5e properly. You can read about it here.

1 Like

Hey, not exactly from Trade Lords, but if I’ve tried to have a condensed version of Dune Trader’s information.

That’s probably because there are no troops in the merchant house. They focus on counterespionage, instead of being a “military house”. So if they need troops, they just hire them.

In their facilities, they have 260 employees. Plus the staff in each city-state.

1 Like

Brute was what earlier teams called the barbarian class, yes. However, as the final author of that adventure, i can assure you the we used (and currently use) the standard barbarian class features, aside from any variant setting-specific abilities listed in the DS 3.5e Core Rules.

At the end of the day, if nearly everyone outside the city-states is uneducated, illiterate, half naked or wearing animal skins, and living off the land, the word “barbarian” becomes a bit useless. The folks living like Conan are the ex-slave tribes…

1 Like