Using other desert supplements for Athas

Have you found any other published materials, not intended for Athas, but that work particularly well in Athas?
Things like Anauroch, the Desert of Desolation series, Sandstorm, specific products from Al-Qadim…or any host of desert themed supplements from DriveThruRPG?

1 Like

I used an anciet tomb from Book of Lairs from Kobold Press (Tomb of the Scorpion Prince). They have a few more lairs that fit Athas. Also used some of their Tome of Beast book like the Accursed Defiler and sandwyrm but the books has A LOT of monsters you could use in Athas.

3 Likes

I will second Zeque’s comments Kobol Press has some good stuff. They have a Southlands campaign setting with lots of desert themed stuff. Although this is for Pathfinder/3.5 they have a good bestiary.

3 Likes

Well, looking at the preview of Southlands Bestiary all of them are in the 5e Tome of Beasts like the Accursed Defiler I mentioned before. It is not DriveThruRPG but you can buy Kobold Press products in their webstore.

1 Like

B4 The Lost City seems to be a great adventure to throw into Athas, I’d have very few reservations using to start a campaign for a group that was already a group of veteran Athas players.

Or if you were using character trees, or a West Marches-style, it could slot in as among a handful of plot hooks to go on.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the responses!

Here are some elements I noted as possible Dark Sun inclusions while I was perusing the Sandstorm supplement :

• Dune Elemental
  • Flamestorms/Fire Cyclone
  • The Wasting
  • Flaywind
  • Furnace Wind
  • Leech Salt Flats
  • Mirror Sand
  • Phantom Cities
  • Plains of Glass
  • Shadowsand
  • Slipsand
  • Slumbersand
  • Wailing Waste
  • Petrified Forest
  • Touchstone
  • Ironthorn
  • Ashworms
1 Like

Hey folks.

I found this link today, and this seemed relevant to this topic. It’s a list of adventure hooks for the desert:

2 Likes

Great site!
Also, that reminds me, anyone ever use the Colossal Wastes of Zhaar?
http://save.vs.totalpartykill.ca/grab-bag/wastes/

1 Like

Cool concepts in there, but bloody hell that’s a dense map! Every single square has something on it!

1 Like

I’ll add Palladium’s The Baalgor Wastelands to the pile.
Some interesting monsters and at least one new type of storm I can see adapting.