X Stage Dragon and Artifact Transformation w/ The Green Rhul

Hi Everyone,

I haven’t been to Athas.org in, something like ten years maybe. I’m very happy to see the site is still up and running. In the past I helped with some of the NPC stat-blocks in FFN.

So you have a X Stage Dragon who finds The Green Rhul out in the desert. Its fascinated by the Blue age artifact. So it shapeshifts into a human form the put the Green Rhul on to experiment with it. The Dragon doesn’t fail against the Artifact Possession but does fail against the Artifact Transformation. When the Dragon leaves the Green Rhul once it notices the transformation its now a halfling. What would the resulting effects on the NPC Dragon stats be? Any Ideas???

Thanks,
Robert Trotter.

2 Likes

Probably none. Maybe it gains some halfling traits and loses some human traits, but as a fully metamorphosed dragon, the dragon tranformation is a done deal.

1 Like

You might attribute the matter to the dragon’s extraordinary regenerative powers. At most a change of sorts might occur, but his true form would quickly regenerate back. I do not think there is any polymorphic biological transformative effect that would overcome an Athasian dragon. Perhaps he might be dealt with by being transformed into stone or into a cloud of gas that is dispersed into the wind, but if polymorphed or otherwise transformed into any other living being, in relatively short order he would “regenerate” back into his true form. Such are my initial thoughts anyhow.

1 Like

Okay so maybe add the “rhulisti” subtype and adjust the attribute scores to fit with a rhulisti halfling. Okay thanks.

Robert.

1 Like

What I thought might happen because this is a Artifact/Epic level transformation it would even effect a full dragon. So the character would not lose any levels. They would lose the prestige class but the ten levels would be changed to something else. Plus the would be a rhulisti in physical form. Or they would still be a full dragon but permanently have the body of a rhulisti halfling.

As an example using 2e rules the 30th level Dragon would be changed to a 30th level Illusionist / 30th level Psionicist halfling.

I do get what you guys are saying. Just change the type from human to rhulisti but the dragon is still a dragon. No matter what.

Robert.

2 Likes