Xlorepdarkhelm's advanced being rules and other lost fan works

We talked a while about something that would be useful to the community.

Why don’t we have a repository of all he fan stuff made like a google drive folder (like a guy and me did for Fading Suns)?

4 Likes

Here is an example of what we did for Fading Suns.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_uI6fHtKSwOYnAybHo2c1d0YnM?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Excellent idea. Endorsed.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a great idea

2 Likes

I will see if I can find the old rules I made and can get them up for you. I spent quite a bit of time on those rules, and then they were restructured to be simpler for eventually being added to Athas.org.

6 Likes

Wow! I never expected to hear from you directly. Welcome to the Arena.

2 Likes

He returns from the lands BEYOND THE HORIZON of the Crimson Sun!

Welcome Back !

3 Likes

Thanks. Athas.org has changed a little since I last was here.

Ok, so I made a quick Google Drive folder with my stuff in it. I dumped everything here, so there’s all kinds of stuff, some incomplete. I think what you are looking for are in the files “Prestige Class - Dragon.pdf” and “Prestige Class - Avangion.pdf”. I believe those are the most complete rules I put together. It’s been like 10 years or more since I looked at this stuff, so I don’t know how much help I personally can be in deciphering everything.

Those two files go to a set of PDFs I made trying to create my own Dark Sun player’s guide of sorts for the 3.5e rules.

http://links.darkhelm.org/dark-sun

1 Like

Ok, so apparently if I make a post with a link in it, even if it is to the Athas org site, my post gets suppressed/ignored. Bah.

So… I have my old rules. But Flip has some bot preventing me from sharing it (raises fist in frustration in the general direction of Flip). I’ll figure something out.

2 Likes

Geez man! Long time no see! I’m glad to see you.

The site is probably just waiting for @flip to come and accept your subscription.

1 Like

Thanks, advantage of an online name like “xlorep”, is it is so bizarrely unique, I can do a search on it and see what comes up. This post did. Other than me, in various incarnations, there is a sequence of DNA called XLOREP. Other than that, nothing.

1 Like

Glad to have you here

Pretty sure it’s a feature that is unlocked (posting links) after you’re accepted as a community member by the forum. That itself may e automated by bot. You can check your settings to see if you need to read the forum rules and see if that unlocks things. Or wait for flip to unlock it. :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, so I made a quick Google Drive folder with my stuff in it. I dumped everything here, so there’s all kinds of stuff, some incomplete. I think what you are looking for are in the files “Prestige Class - Dragon.pdf” and “Prestige Class - Avangion.pdf”. I believe those are the most complete rules I put together. It’s been like 10 years or more since I looked at this stuff, so I don’t know how much help I personally can be in deciphering everything.

Those two files go to a set of PDFs I made trying to create my own Dark Sun player’s guide of sorts for the 3.5e rules.

http://links.darkhelm.org/dark-sun

4 Likes

Hey XDH! Good to see you again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow!!! I had been trying to get into contact with you for ages, but it had seemed that you had dropped of the face of Athas.

Good to have you back. I hope you stick around. I’ve spent the last few years (linked) updating the Athas.org advanced being rules, implementing a framework for advanced beings.

thread resurrection time: does anyone happen to have the Lynn Abbey notes again?
The dropbox links are deleted. Maybe @Kamelion or @Bdmdragon can (re)share?

I think I’ve seen them on the DS FB site.

Is this it? Not able to open it via phone. Facebookcft[0]=AZVj6CpLJNZE6s8adoi3MLa4Nmh1Txig50uhyXiew58utc_bPeCeYo–f5VJY8FkISiwn745Fn4DiCFZXl__k8i8A-qZ7XI6u7LAPbcdK82nPJXIjOC8P8SxUHsJtHKXMnqJq4m_gfUj_iiU1Brf5ICYebuspgrjYlrxhOSWgDI8ZQ&tn=H-R